Monday, January 9, 2012

Week One Stats

Today's Weight:  287 pounds

This is going to be a long, drawn out journey, therefore I can say that the hardest part of all of this is that I must continue to keep up on my stats in order to effectively make a difference in my weight loss/fitness goal.  In essence, I have to look at this as an athlete in training, so my first and immediate goal is to finish a 5K run.  That would include entering an event some time in March or April.

I am having trouble coming to terms that this new journey will have to be something that I continue until I die, because my default lifestyle is to be as lazy as possible.  Not only that, I am painfully reminded that being obese IS my fault, and is also something I must manage DAILY.  But there is some spark, deep in the recesses of my pea-brain that is telling to get back in shape.  I must listen to that tiny voice.

Stats for the week:

Average Calories:   2565 calories
                     Fat:  42%
          Net Carbs:   24% (152 net carbs daily)
               Protein:  29%

  • Average daily steps:  5217
  • Week One of Couch to 5K is complete.
  • 7 beers for the week
  • Two trips to fast food joints (mmm-mmm good)
  • 3 Pound loss
As I sum up this first week, I feel good about what I've started.   I also know that this is all crap since I haven't been able to find the strength, willpower or WHATEVER to make this last.  But I soldier on.

Goals for Week 2:

  1. Drop Net Carbs to 125/day
  2. Start a Push Up program
  3. Zero Visits to any fast food joints
  4. Complete Week 2 of Couch to 5k
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment