Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Against the Wall

Today's Weight: 264 pounds
Yesterday's Calories: 1742
Yesterday's Net Carbs: 81/19%

Does the crap ever end? No. It's here, in my face, and making me a little angry. I can sit here and cry like a little baby or stand up and fight the good fight, battle on, and make sure I at least give it my best shot until the bitter end.

Weight loss is the same. Fitness is the same. The crap keeps flying at and you give it your best shot and then you quit. Quit, quit, quit, quit, quit. Then you restart, try again, and give up. Over and over and over until you just can't take it anymore.

Then you reach a point in which survival takes over and you either decide to do what you have to do, or give up completely. My wife and I have decided to fight on, not giving in to the demons of modern society. My wife chose weight loss surgery, I have chosen a low carb, wheat-free lifestyle.

My wife has had success, although it's only been 14 months. I have recently had limited success. We will continue to make mistakes, but we will learn from each other and from those who succeed in this obesity war.

As we fight our battles with weight, I know this will have to be at the forefront of our lives, forever. Right now we face challenges aside from food that will test our resolve. I can choose to fall off the bandwagon, stuff my face with donuts, cheese danishes, become a sloth and give in to the poison that kills me. Same with my wife.

Never, ever, ever give up. Find a way, find a plan, read, learn, inspire and VENT. Have a great and healthy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment