Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hump Day

Today's weight: 290 pounds

Up a pound but I'm fine with it. Yesterday's work out was really a good one, with 25 minutes spent on the elliptical machine. I ended the session with some weightlifting and that was enough for the day. Today is a rest day, so tomorrow I'll go back for more torture.

I feel pretty confident with the decision to focus on the 10k run in May. If all goes as planned, I hope to lose enough weight to put in a fairly good time. My goal is to run the thing in under ten minutes per mile. Right now I have to get my endurance up and my weight down.

I plan on lifting four days a week, but I don't have the exercises down yet for each day, so what I'll concentrate on is getting that tightened up. I may wind up going to the gym five days a week, but right now I'm not there yet.

Talk is cheap. I can blab all day but nothing accomplished by doing that. I need to work on tracking my steps with Walkertracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment